Saturday, August 30, 2008

A year on..

Wow! I didn't realise that i had not written for more than a year until i revisited my old blog (livejournal one) and clicked on the link to this blog...

It's nostalgic to read your old blogs, which detail the various experiences you once lived through and at the time seemed so real. Now, however, they seem like distant memories which you either refuse to recall or wonder if disbelief how you survived it all. And the present strikes you because it's so vastly different from those times.

I am still very happily married and will soon welcome an addition to the family! Baby (not sure boy or girl) is already a blessing in many ways. He/she has earned me 4 months maternity and as he/she is due in Mar 09, will help me serve out the remaining 3 months of my bond at home, blissfully away from the duties of civil servanthood, fully in mummy mode. Having a living thing with a heartbeat in you is a magical experience and I am loving every minute of it! Baby has been good and i've had little or no signs of morning sickness and don't punish V by driving out at 3 am to buy the Newton Char kway teow or Bak Kut Teh from Balestier....

Oh yes, V has lovingly bought a new pair of crocs (go take a look!) for me, which I can wear to work, and it is in a lovely shade of cotton candy. Thanks darling!

I hope that updating doesn't become a yearly affair because I really do miss writing. And it warms my heart that i don't write because I'm sad anymore... I write because I want to chronicle my life and the moments that make it mine. Looking at your baby via ultrasound has to count as one of the top moments for 2008. :)

3 comments:

Chew Household said...

Hi Hi Neighbour... congrats...

Genki said...

hihi! thanks! i have been reading your blog too! Both the kids are so cute. :) Must give me some tips ok!

Chew Household said...

What tips... this blur mummy is still learning... must post the gender of bb when you know ok? I'm v kaypoh one... hehee