Wednesday, June 15, 2005

hong kong

I just got back from hong kong recently. I went there with the intention of shopping and eating and shopping and eating and I guess you can say I got my money's worth. I did alot of eating no doubt, but the shopping ~ well the shopping could be much improved. Somehow the style in HK has been diluted with the entrance of the mainland Chinese. The extra gawdy and flowery styles on handbags and even clothes has made HK seem like some big pasar malam, instead of the trendy styles I was expecting. Hm...

However, that said, I did manage to get a nice dress for my upcoming function. I still have to find shoes and matching accessories for the event! I can't wait.

Out with my friends last night, they were surprised at how fast it is to me getting legally hitched. It's true that it is quick, considering I've been going out with V for about 1.5 years.. However having known him for about 5 years it just feels more comfortable than otherwise. Furthermore... well, emotionally I am ready. Many of them were saying ' What? Do you know it means there's no turning back?' Well, true enough, legally speaking, but then i'm not even contemplating turning back. Because in my dictionary, it doesn't exist! It is a committment which I won't break.

Righto. It's a busy period for me, what with the flat hunting and the ceremony and schoolwork. Time to dash off to run some errands... Keep in touch folks.

No comments: