Sunday, February 19, 2006

Week 2

It’s been 2 weeks since V’s been away and surprisingly, it hasn’t been as painful as I imagined. Sure it’s difficult and there’s this longing for him, but it’s not agonizing because I know he’s safe when he’s there. I’ve been busy with work and managing the renovation of the house while he’s away and it’s been pretty exciting!

We’ve more or less confirmed the design of the house and right now we’re awaiting HDB approval to break down a wall in the house so we can have an extra large seating area. I’m really looking forward to staying there and leading our lives together. Doesn’t it sound all so clichéd? Like a typical Singaporean couple – ROM, then get a flat, then settle down, then get kids?? The only difference is I’m not going to have kids anytime soon as I really want to enjoy my pool table!! Woo hoo!

Yes, we’ve bought a pool table and so instead of going out to pay for entertainment, we’re going to be watching DVDs, having a drink or playing pool with friends on weekends. Sounds so very exciting!! Yay.

Have lost my voice from a mixture of too much shouting to lack of rest. Serves me right I guess, thinking that working doubly hard while V is away would distract me from his absence. However, it has certainly helped me get a good night’s rest, and early, at that. V likes to sleep slightly later than me… He thinks sleep is a waste of time! :P I, on the other hand, really enjoy sleeping. Such a pleasurable activity.

Ok I gotta go clean up the house. It’s in a real mess!

No comments: