Saturday, May 14, 2005

Good morning!

I had a good sleep last night, a much deserved one. My shoulders and neck are aching, from over-marking. Also my fingers are sore, from gripping the red pen and flipping practice papers (all 41 of them for 3 subjects). Are we paid to mark?? Thought we were supposed to be teachers.

Anyway i could go on and on about what is not so great about teaching, but i shall refrain.

I had a wonderful breakfast this morning - almost English breakfast! Been ages since I have had that, so i treated myself to a cheese sausage, mashed potato and a sunny-side-up. It was fantastic and a great start to my weekend - or what's left of it... I intend to do such things more often, especially at the end of a long work week. Oh yes, this brand of sausages is really wonderful (Johnsonville, available at Cold Storage). I went shopping at Takashimaya yesterday and was sooo tempted to buy one brownie from this new brownie shop. They have such a large variety and every one of them looked incredibly delectable... Then i thought of the calories...

Another thing which hit me as i was walking around Orchard yesterday on my own was that, I am getting fat! Everywhere I turned there was a slimmer and tanner gal, reminding me of what I used to be when I was training in JC and out in the sun swimming. I was healthy and fit! What happened to me!? That revelation was enough to dampen my shopping spirits and was hesitant to head into any shop lest i see something i wanted to wear but was unable to fit in! People say i'm small, but trust me, i don't wear size S.

It's time to go on that low-carbo diet again... cut out the rice, noodles and potatoes. Most importantly, no AMOS cookies!! I bought a bag of them last week, intending to have them with my cousins, but they had an abundance of food at their bbq so... i brought home the wonderful yummies, after giving some to my sister. They are simply irresistable. One day I shall learn to bake some cookies that i'd want to eat everyday. Yum!!

Ok, off to do some housework before Mom nags at me when she returns from Taiwan. Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, u are not fat lah. Just a bit short.. long time no see ( since 1999? ) but donno if you are still short or not.. :) chanced upon your blog online. Take care :)

Genki said...

Er... who is this? Don't even know who this is how to respond?