Sunday, October 02, 2005

something great

I have an enlightened husband. Dictionary definition of enlightened:

highly educated; having extensive information or understanding;

You might be thinking of enlighted in the spiritual sense... however, that I have no say over nor do I want to comment about that aspect of his life...however, he is enlightened because he is highly educated and has extensive information/understanding of me.

I asked him if he would mind me going out one-to-one with another guy friend of mine.. and his response was
(1) a weird look (upon which I asked what that look was all about)
(2) "Why would I mind?"
(3) "Go la!"

I paused for a moment and reflected on past incidents where I broached a similar question to previous boyfriends and the result was certainly different. The reaction:

(1) a weird look
(2) "Why does he want to ask you out?"
(3) "Why do you want to go?"

Definitely the difference from scenario 1 to scenario 2 is the complete trust and belief he has in me, which the previous ones never had. And for that, I can only say, he is indeed 'enlightened'. He knows me well and understands that even as a married couple we are entitled to go out with whoever we want, as we still need a social life and friends; not just each other.

Now, my friends, the question is answered: Why did I choose to marry early? Well, my man is enlightened and hot. That's all I have to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yoz my friend! Chanced upon your "blog" online. How have you been man... I am pretty much the same.. stronger, meaner and wiser.. doing a business and will be going to the States next yr for a dual degree. Take care! Free email me: republic@starhub.net.sg
( no no.. no longer raffles81@hotmail. hehe )

p/s: So early marry? Oh man, I feel so happy for u anyway!

Your long time lost friend: Zhixian