Thursday, September 22, 2005

Poetry

Poetry stimulates the mind. It is able to tickle, provoke and remind. Tickle one's fancy, Provoke emotional reactions and remind one of many things.

It has been some time since I last wrote a poem. I used to write frequently and mostly depressed ones, mainly because I was! Now I can't pull up any of those strong emotions to write about. Love is a strong feeling but when I'm happy i just can't write!! Talk about writer's block.

Today, however I feel like writing... As a result of a recent incident. No, it did not make me sad but reminded me of something I used to be.

Forgive me if this seems like crap to you - it's the only thing I can squeeze out of my already-squeezed brain.

_______________________________________

The Look

She shot me a look
Up, down, left, right.
Great interest in her eyes.

Weary yet alert it was,
Threatened yet confident
It reminded me of myself.

Approaching with a smile
Conversation we engaged,
Her eyes still reading me.

Compliments showered upon me
Playing my defense
Waiting for my hand.

I could not play with her
I understood her look
It reminded me of... me.

Her eyes fell in the distance,
Upon the moving figure
That look upon her face.

In no small way
She made it known clear
He belonged to her, not me.

I did not protest,
For there was no contest.
He was never my goal.

She shot me a second look
Relieved yet on guard.
Trying hard to just believe.

Tired she must be,
Waiting in the corner
Waiting to be recognized.

Like cotton in the wind,
she hangs on to the thread.
It reminded me of myself.

No comments: