Friday, August 04, 2006

Cheesecakes and politics

Ok so I did promise to up some pics, so here they are. The first one you see is one of the cheesecake that I made. It tasted great then, but the texture left much to be desired. It was actually quite wobbly… because I had put cling film over it, causing it not to harden well. So anyway, I tried another recipe with longan and vanilla essence, which turned out nice, but a little too rich for me..Yes, even for me! So finally, the most recent test was the best! A full digestive crust with lots of butter, then lemon juice for the cheese mixture and once again, peaches for the top! It’ll be even nicer with strawberries, I guess.

My next attempt would be to make banana pudding. It’s very sinful though, so I’m waiting for the 3 cheesecakes (or part thereof) to be digested.

It’s been an interesting week at work. Lots of politics going on and the school management, I have to say, is overwhelmed at this moment. I am foreseeing a lot of movement and discontent. My guess is there will be a mini eruption sometime soon. When, exactly, I am not sure, but my sixth sense is sensing something. Am just glad that I will not be part of it. And am even more glad, that I stayed far away from it from the beginning. Thanks to my intuition.

No comments: