Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lost my camera! :(

Just when I thought I’d upload some funny pictures, I cannot find my camera. I left it on my colleague’s table or mine, went around to talk to my colleagues, and voila, it is gone! Moan! Although it is 3 years old, it was bought with my first working salary! It has sentimental value, people, and sadly, I have been careless with it. I remember holding onto it so carefully till I reached the staffroom, knowing it’d not be safe when the students were around. Sadly, it seems that it’s not even safe in the staffroom. One can never be too careful.

I hope someone has taken it and kept it safely for me. My only consolation is that the LED light indicator showing when it has finished charging is spoilt. However, knowing me, it was far from being rendered ‘throwable’ or ‘replaceable’. I still enjoyed using it.

I’m just thankful that nothing sensitive is on the camera, just a shot of me and my colleagues. If anyone sees that picture, I hope they return it to me! I want my camera back… sigh. New camera for my birthday, anyone? I would be most appreciative and glad.

This is probably a wake up call for me, right? Time to be more careful with my belongings. Problem is, now, I’m just not in the mood to do anything. I keep trying to retrace my steps to see where it is, but somehow it just doesn’t add up! If I had left it on my colleague’s table or mine, it should be there. The office staff said no student had walked by. Oh, camera, where art thou? Moan.

Have already sent out an email to everyone, hoping against hope that someone has taken it by mistake. Though, it is also true, as my other colleague so rightly put it, who would take it and not realize it’s not theirs? Meaning, of course, that if it was taken, it was on purpose and I’d never see it again. I have to be realistic that it’s most probably gone. Whine!

If only there was a beeping device on it for me to trace it. Too many CSI movies do affect you in some way.

No comments: