Saturday, March 05, 2005

Gossip...

It's funny how gossip starts. Is someone always on the lookout for new things to talk about? New things that they see, or things which could potentially be juicy? It's funny. I don't take any pleasure in talking about other people....

Unfortunately, it doesn't necessarily apply to all people. I've become part of a gossiping session, thanks to my interaction with a fellow colleague. Of course, the colleague is male. Does it really mean that men and women cannot be friends just because they are of the opposite sex? It's ridiculous that in this day and age, talking to a male colleague leads to people talking about you two as if something is going on! For goodness sakes, I'm not that desperate. Ha ha ha to the people who were talking.

So, it's time to start displaying my bf's photo a little more conspicuously so that gossip can be allayed, till which time there is another potential "male colleague" whom people think I can lay my hands on. I guess, the staff room can get pretty boring that others need excitement like this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset one bit. It just amuses me that people can make up a story e.g. "Wah, you both sitting on the grass chit chatting, look very compatible leh!" just based on an afternoon! And by the way, we had to be there because they put us there! A conspiracy, perhaps? Whatever.

All i can say is... these people have nothing better to do.

words of the day: why so k-poh?

1 comment:

Genki said...

I forgot to add that this colleague of mine, though 26 and youthful looking, is married.