Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Importance of being sha-en

For the first time today, I felt how 'important' I am. Today I had a meeting with some guys about a Creative Writing Programme we are piloting in school. As I am involved in not 1 but 2 of their programmes I had to be there to contribute my ideas for both! It was so tiring, considering it was 3.45pm and I had just finished supplementary classes with my ever excitable class. (Actually they're adorable).

Well, yesterday I was sick so I had to take medical leave from school... and boy many people were looking for me. Where is Sha'en? Is she ok? I had to run a CCA but was not able to go and so the HOD had to take over for me.. On top of that I was supposed to see the same people (from today's meeting) yesterday but had to postpone it because I was not there. I am starting to wonder if being efficient and smart is a liability? In the sense that I am now tasked with so many things to do!! Not that I think I am but that must be what they think of me - otherwise why are they pushing so many things on my shoulders?! As it is, I have a mountain of things to mark.

Yikes. Anyway I felt bad for having to stay at home and not that it was that pleasant anyway cos I was sick! Ugh. I only felt better in the later part of the day and was even beginning to think I wouldn't even make it to school this morning.

No comments: