Thursday, March 17, 2005

Time

Time is not for us to keep. It passes too quickly when you're having fun (in this case, on holiday) and passes way too slowly when you're not (working, marking books etc...). It's going to be the start of a new week in 3 days. My goodness. Last Friday I was just saying "Ahh, 1 week of solid rest." While I have slept in more, I find myself struggling to keep a hold on Monday, then Tuesday and then somehow or rather, it's already Friday. What ever happened to Wednesday and Thursday? Ordinarily, it would only be miserable Wednesday and there's still the last 2 days of the week still to come.

Ah, well, I should just be thankful for the week's break. And next Friday is Good Friday, meaning another long holiday. It's going to be relax-away time again. My golly, I am delighted.

I've got to go into school tomorrow. Again, memories flood back of the time I was in practicum, oblivious of the tasks facing me potentially. And now as a permanent teacher, I realise practicum was just a passing phase... It was much easier and much less demanding.

Anyway, looking ahead to next week, the consolation is that it's mid March and that in 7.5 months i'll be having a 6 weeek holiday. Woo hoo!

No comments: