Thursday, September 08, 2005

great friends

It's hard to find a friend whom you can talk to - many people are friends simply because they happen to be working in the same office, studying in the same school or simply living next door. Take away these coincidences and would we still be friends? I think not... That's what i feel after coming back from overseas... a bond was created over 3 years perhaps partly because we were sharing similar experiences and also because, well, we had to be friends or suffer our way through! That thought might be a little negative, but that's how i feel, aniway.

As for finding a friend, I'm happy to say that i've made a new friend.. someone whom i can share many things. It's funny how such things happen - and i'm a strong believer of "all things happen for a reason"(not that I'm religious) - and we don't even know how.. Over a few days we have become good friends and sharing stuff that perhaps I normally wouldn't except with a few close friends and of course my hubby.

I was telling V that i feel different being married to him - there's no more confusion with other guys. I can just be friends with them knowing that there'll be no complication whatsoever because the line is absolutely clear. Not that if we weren't married i wouldn't draw the line, but somehow the ring on my finger is enough to let them know friends are all they can expect to be with me and nothing more. And this provides an avenue for friendship, else it's hard to tell when a guy is interested in you because he wants to go after you or whether he is truly a sincere person looking for like-minded individuals.

Right, all this happened because i was pursuing a more honourable objective - trying to matchmake one of my friends and needing an informant. This informant turned out to be someone I can talk to... unfortunately he's not suitable for my friend else i could really start a business!! :P

Ok i'm off for tea- being a piggy today is my mission.

No comments: