Thursday, September 08, 2005

looking back and cleaning up

I resolved to clean my room and the house up today, after coming back from a missed appointment. It has been years since someone forgot an appointment with me and suddenly I was thrown back years ago.... when someone stood me up. Gosh, it certainly was years ago. Anyway, I came back and started clearing up the house and decided, maybe it's time to look at the ex's stuff and throw them out the house.

So then I walked to this box that held all his things and opened them up one by one and discovered letters that I had written to him a few days after we had broken up and all those blasted memories came flooding back to me. Surprising even myself, I started tearing, thinking of the things we used to do together. They were really special and unforgettable.

Have i betrayed my hubby by looking back down the years? Thinking about 2001 and the torture of having-yet-not-having-someone, while he's at work? The answer is 'No'. Definitely not. I really do cherish the love and life I lead now. Simple, happy and passionate all at once. It's the balance that I had always hoped to find, but found extremes along the way, which even more confirmed my need for a balanced individual who could still shower me with love.

Now comes the question - am i ready to throw those old memorabilia away and never feel those emotions again? The torrent of emotions which contrasts very sharply with the sense of happiness I have now? I think it wise to do so but the emotional me is thinking twice. Should I hide them in a little corner of my house, then dig it up when I just want to remember certain parts of my life? For believe me, without that experience, I certainly will not be married early. At least I think so.

Many a friend have asked me: Why did you choose to get married so early? Surely you could have waited? Sure, of course I could have. However, my answer to them was "I found the right man". What's there to wait any longer? It needed a severe knock on the head (i.e. ex relationship) to make me realize that passion alone cannot maintain a relationship; only a balance of passion and sensibility can do so.

Back to throwing away the stuff. Gosh, what should I do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JCL bidding as per schedule on September 14ISLAMABAD
A spokesman of Privatisation Commission said on Wednesday that bidding for the sale of 96.34 percent shares of Javedan Cement Limited would be held as per schedule on September 14, 2005 in Islamabad.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a online poker strategy tournament site. It pretty much covers online poker strategy tournament related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)