Monday, June 11, 2007

5 Languages of Love

Did you know that there are 5 languages of love?

Was having lunch with my colleagues today and she was talking about her wonderfully romantic husband, and my other colleague S and I were just staring at her in disbelief. "Why don't I have a husband like yours?" S moaned. Somehow, i also felt like whining. Of course, i wouldn't give mine up for the world, because he is very yummy.

Anyway, yes, she mentioned that there is this thing called 5 Languages of Love. Basically, it seems that people respond to different things that are done for them and there are 5 categories/languages - Gifts, Quality Time, Words of Affection, Acts of Service and Physical Touch (not just sex, of course). There is a quiz you can do online to find out what is your language. The website is http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/

After doing the test, i found out that my language is Quality Time, meaning that the best way my hubby can show that he loves me is to spend quality time. I think his is Acts of Service (i.e. action speaks louder than words). So the theory goes that once you know his or her language, then to show your love and make him/her happy, then do things in his language, so that they will love you so much and never want to leave you.

Note: Not all men go for physical touch! :P

Anyhow, i know i've not posted for a long time. I guess i just didn't have the mood. I dunno about other people, but I definitely need a mood to write. Actually, come to think of it, i need a mood to do most things...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.